Thursday, May 4, 2017

How To: Dog Feeder

Hey everyone! After two years I'm back with some more DIY projects. I apologize for the long hiatus but I took a couple years off of posting on my blog while I turned my attention to some more pressing matters... But for right now I'm back with some of my latest projects. Today's addition is a dog feeder I made for my friend and coworker. But it's not just your average run-of -the-mill dog feeder, it also comes with a hinged top that opens up to give some inside storage space to put your dog food. I also installed a small clasp on the front so that my dogs wont just lift up the front end and eat what's inside, spilling their water and food bowls in the process... Here's how I made it!
Supplies are as follows

Supplies/Tools Needed
Drill
Band Saw
Pneumatic Nail Gun
Compressor
Kreg Screws
1 x 4 Pine Boards
Plastic Box
Hinges (2)
Clasp
Pencil
Makeshift Compass.
Good Attitude

READ ALL DIRECTIONS BEFORE STARTING EACH STEP

Step One
Get all your materials together! So in contrast to my older posts I'm not going to go into as much detail because then I'm less inclined to make these posts... Not trying to sound rude but I just don't have as much time as I used to. So the below image is what I used for the most part. I cut everything to size and then used a pneumatic nail gun to nail all the boards together. The only time I used the kreg screws was to secure the bottom together and make a little platform for the box to rest on so it wouldn't fall through. The size will vary depending on what size box you got with just make sure your cuts are big enough to fit the box in.


Step Two
My dog bowls were about 8 inches around so I cut the holes to about 7.25 inches in diameter so that the lid wouldn't fall though. To do this I made a makeshift compass (as seen below)  and traced out two circles. Then I used a bandsaw to cut out the holes for the dog bowls. After everything was cut to size I secured everything together using a pneumatic nail gun and some glue.


Step Three
After the lid was all good to go I screwed some hinges to it and secured it to the body of the dog feeder. Then to finish things off I added the clasp to the front. Luckily the person I made it for wanted to do the staining herself so I didn't have to, which is great for me because I'm super busy and I hate staining. Anyways here's the finished product!

Front view.

Back view.
Step Four
DONE.


Hope you enjoyed my "How To" on this versatile dog feeder! Feel free to share this link with any of your other friends you think may be interested! Also don't forget to like, share, and follow me on social media! And don't be afraid to share what you made either! I like to see what kind of cool stuff other people come up with! And if you have any questions, concerns, or remarks you're more than welcome to leave a comment in the comment tab or my email if you want to do so more personally!

Follow me on Facebook to stay up to date with all my latest news and projects @

And don't forget to check out my Pinterest page too @

Plenty more cool stuff to come so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment